Friday, June 4, 2010

Close to the End

It has been a long year for me. Two months in taking the LPN prep class and then the 10 months of cramming up for each accelerated PN course. There is now one week remaining before I am able to complete the program. It feels great to know how close I am. There, in the road to becoming a nurse. I want to prove that is not too late to have a career change. Oh, almost forgot to mention that I received an acceptance letter to a SUNY college that offers the LPN to RN program. I was informed that I need to undergo a separate process once I receive the LPN transcripts from my current school. It is necessary if I want the opportunity to challenge exams and receive credits for the RN portion of the program. Does it sound great or what? If I play my cards right I may be able to get my RN in one-two semesters. This is because I already have most pre-req's from my first degree. People keep asking me the same question all the time. Why did I not go straight for the RN. But if you read in my early posts, you will see why. It may seem like the long way but given my circumstances, I really had no other choice. Where there is a will, there is a way. Now, for the next challenge, passing the PN boards!!! Lord help me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment