Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year Update

I am sorry that I have not updated in a while. I want to let you know that I have made it passed the first half of the course. WhoooHooo!!! The Christmas party was an emotional thing for a lot of us because we made it pass the critical phase. I am terribly sorry for those who did not make it. God has a purpose. I promise you. You guys are in my prayers including those who for one reason or another had to drop out. The courses are very intense. The term "accelerated program" is exactly what it means. An exam or two each week on what was learned a couple days ago and the new topics keep pouring in if you fail more than one topic you have to retest on all the topics at the end of the unit, yes, even the one's you already passed, with no multiple choice on it and no chance to breathe...Well, not literally not breathing, but you know what i mean.

Well, next week is the beginning of the second clinical rotation in a hospital. I am pretty excited about that, I get to administer IV's and inject medications. The last rotation was an exciting experience, It was in a nursing home. I had to change a lot of adult diapers.... but I did it joyfully that is nursing. I thought that changing an adult diaper would be similar to changing a baby's, boy was i wrong. HA!! On occasions we had to use hoyer lifts just to pull up their pants and place the patient on their chairs. But with every act I did for them I did joyfully and kept thinking that this person could be a relative or even myself when i get old. We need to treat others the way we want to be treated. I enjoyed talking to the patients hearing stories of when they were younger and laughing with them. It bothers me to see how many of the patients were abandoned by their children in these nursing homes...but that is another topic.

A New Year resolution, I pray to God that I can make it to graduation in about 5 and half months and pass my boards. Of course to find a job too. I read that alot of LPN's need about a year of work experience. I am trying so hard to do this. Nursing is my dream career and with the help of Jesus I know that I can do this. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments:

Post a Comment